Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Haters..... Part. 1

No, this isn't about the haters that you're thinking of. These are haters that are hard to get rid of. These haters have hated on me since childhood, and some since birth. If you haven't guessed already, these haters aren't actually people. They are actually my ailments. What are these ailments you ask? Well, if you know me well, you know that I suffer from chronic bronchitis and severe scoliosis. I got this idea from friend of mine. We were talking about haters, and how we should make a blog about them. I told her that I don't have any haters. I told her previously about my ailments. She said that they are, in essence, haters. I thought about it, and said “hey that makes perfect sense.” A hater is someone or something that tries to prevent you from reaching certain goals or just doing regular everyday things. That's exactly what my ailments are. They have prevented me from doing so many things in my life. People say that I should just overcome them, but trust me it’s not that easy.



Scoliosis

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This has annoyed or "hated" me ALOT. If I recall correctly, it was about 6th grade when it first started. I was trying to play optimist football. When I went to get a physical, the doctor diagnosed me with minor scoliosis. I already started thinking that I won't be able to play. But, since it was minor, I was okay to play. Fast forward to high school, it’s the summer before 11th grade. I'm trying out for football at the quarter back position. Just before that, I went to the University of Miami football camp, and I needed a doctor’s approval for that! And it was non-contact! That just shows how bad my back is. Now, things didn't really work out for me at quarterback, so I got moved. This didn't make me quit. All I did was switch positions. Now, I switch and all is well.....at least that's what I thought. Of course, like any high school sport, I had to get a physical. When I got my physical, I also received devastating news. The doc basically told me that if I take one bad hit to the back...l l...I would be DONE. He stressed that point a lot, and it scared me to death. So, due to that, I had to quit. Who knows, I could be playing quarterback for some college right now. Who knows what could have happened! Not only did it prevent me playing sports, but it nags me at my job. I work at Auto Zone, and there is always times when i have to do heavy lifting. One day, I tried to life two huge batteries, and my back damn near gave out on me. I missed a week of work because of this. In this day and age, I can use many hours as I can get. That week didn't really do my paycheck any good.


Thanks to my scoliosis, I had to throw away a dream.



Haters..... Part. 2 is next

2 comments: